FREE Installation by Local DIRECTV Installers
At Expert Satellite we use DIRECTV's own nationwide network of certified local installers. They are prompt, courteous, and will bring everything needed to start your DIRECTV service.
Why wait? In most areas a local installer can be there as soon as tomorrow! Call us now to get the installation appointment that works best with your schedule. DIRECTV makes it easy.
- Mounting of your satellite dish on an outside wall with the necessary hardware, within 125 ft. cable length of your TV. Plus, the hardware necessary to mount and ground your satellite antenna.
- Up to 125 ft. of RG-6 cable for standard receivers; up to 125 ft. of dual RG-6 cable for advanced product installations.
- Routing of all cables to one TV per receiver installation either through an exterior wall (frame or one layer of masonry) or from your basement and connection to an existing phone jack within 25 ft. (connection to a phone line is required for DIRECTV System activation; if multi-receiver installation, all receivers must be hooked to the same phone line).
- Connection to your TV, VCR and DVD player, if co-located, and activation of DIRECTV programming.
- A “how to” demonstration on operating our entire DIRECTV System once it’s properly installed, including programming your remote and any services associated with DIRECTV.
Installation of more than 4 receivers and custom installation available for a charge. If you rent your property, you will need your landlord to sign an installation permission form and give it to the DIRECT TV installer on the day of your installation.
DIRECTV Installation FAQ
Where do you install the DIRECTV Dish?
To receive DIRECTV programming your home needs a clear view of the southern sky, unblocked by trees or buildings. Once that is determined, our professional installers mount the DIRECTV dish in the most appealing location for your home, apartment, condominium or townhouse.
Can I get DIRECTV programming if I live in an apartment or condominium?
Yes! Many apartment and condominium residents have the dish installed on a private patio or balcony with a clear view to the southern sky. Ask for approval from the manager of your home, apartment, condominium or townhouse prior to set-up. If management has concerns about this, visit the FCC website for information about your rights to use a DIRECTV dish.
Click Here to download the Installation Permission Form.
Haga clic para Aquí descargar la Forma Española del Permiso de la Instalación.
What will I get with standard professional installation?
You'll receive a service call from a highly trained installer, installation of a dish on your roof, balcony or other location, running of up to 125 ft. of cable, 25 feet of phone line, drilling through one wall, connection of your receiver to your TV and VCR or DVD player, and a mini-lesson about your system and activation of your service.
Can I use just one DIRECTV dish for the whole house?
You can use one dish for up to 6 receivers/rooms.
How large is the DIRECTV dish?
The DIRECTV dish is small and unobtrusive with dimensions being 20" wide by 18" tall. All are round or oval shaped. Note: If you order a DIRECTV WorldDirect Service package, the DIRECTV Dish is 36" wide, round or oval shaped.
How long will it take to get my equipment?
Equipment comes on your scheduled installation date and will be delivered by the installer. Installation dates are generally available within 24-72 hours of when the order is placed.
What happens when I move?
Just call DIRECTV before you move and let us know when and where you'll be moving. The DIRECTV MOVERS CONNECTION gives you a new dish and standard professional installation with your annual commitment to any TOTAL CHOICE or OPCIÓN EXTRA programming package or above. Leave your DIRECTV dish behind and only take your existing receivers and remotes with you when you move.
The account holder, or someone over the age of 18 authorized to make installation, payment and account decisions on behalf of the account holder, must be at home for the installation. If you live in an area governed by a Home Owners Association, installation of a DIRECTV System may require pre-approval. If you are not the property owner, the installer must have approval from your landlord before starting the work
Can I suspend my account?
Yes. Suspending your account is easy and cost-free. But there are a few stipulations and finer points regarding suspending your DIRECTV service.
- No fees are charged to suspend an account; no services will be charged during the period of suspension
- No startup fee to turn service back on; automatically restarts on date customer selects
- Customer balance must be $0 to suspend account
- Customers with 1 account are allowed up to 2 service suspensions every 12 months
- Customers with 2 or more accounts are allowed up to 4 service suspensions per account every 12 months
- Account must be active at least 60 days before suspending
- Service can be suspended between 30 days and six months at a time
What Can I Do for My DIRECTV Installation Date
- Any renter will need written consent from a landlord or homeowner to be provided to your installer before work can start.
- Decide where you want to watch TV and any allocate reasonable space for your DIRECTV Receiver or DIRECTV DVR alongside any DVD players or game systems.
- Clear any possible objects obstructing the clearest possible path to the southern sky to ensure the best possible signal strength.
- Double check the date and time of your scheduled installation. And be mindful, you can reschedule your appointment up to 24 hours prior to installation.
Call now and schedule hands-free DIRECTV installation at your convenience. You’re only a few more steps from satellite TV at its finest — not to mention, the best value in quality programming and picture.
DIRECTV’s complete, professional approach to television service is sure to leave you smiling. But don’t take our word for it. In fact, DIRECTV placed #1 in customer satisfaction ratings over cable, for the past 12 years, according to the 2012 American Customer Satisfaction Index. Make a decision you won’t regret and join the millions of Americans who have already chosen DIRECTV.
Make a decision you won’t regret and join the millions of American’s who have already made the switch.